Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RR: Hanamaru Kindergarten


A part of me want to wait until I review this on Kaiko. But here's the thing, I don't want to wait ten years to review this. Also, what if this anime series will never be licensed and dubbed into English voices? So... here's a random review of Hanamaru Kindergarten.

Hanamaru Kindergarten (picture left) is about a guy named Tsuchida-sensei, who is the only male in whole kindergarten (even the principal is female). In fact, it was mention that in Japan, there's one male teacher for every fifty female teachers. In the series, you get to know Tsuchida-sensai such as he can't cook or clean, he's gaming otaku and he likes NGE. Anyway, after an encounter with one of his students, Anzu, her name means "apricot", she has a crush on Tsuchida-sensei and tries to gets his attention but Tsuchida-sensei more interested in one of his coworkers, the pretty, nice yet flaky Yamamoto-sensei. As for physical appearance, let's put it this way, Tsuchida-sensei is a breast-man. Hint, hint. What I like about this series are the characters, like Sakura, Anzu's mother as well as Tsuchida's senpai and best friend from his childhood. I couldn't help but write fan fiction in my head about those two. There's Satsuki, Tsuchida's little sister who has brother complex. Another one is one of Anzu's best friend, Koume, who is sweet and shy one. My favorite is Anzu's other best friend, Hii-chan, because she's a genius at the kindergarten yet she's prone to cosplay as different characters or animals. When I saw her in the first episode, she's at home with his father and she's reading a book while dressing up as a cat. So far, I watched six episodes and I anticipating what other characters would show up in the series, especially, this Yakuza guy who always do good deeds like recycling. I was watching the opening credits and I laughed when I see the Yakuza guy handing one of the kids her ball back and she cries because he's scary looking. I mean would you when you're that age and a guy like that approach you? I like the different ending theme songs at every episodes, reminds me of Lucky Star where they have different ending theme songs.

Side note, I like how they made references to other animes such as FMA and NGE. I'm too lazy for write down the whole series titles.

One of the moments I like in the series is where the kindergarten principal telling one of the teachers that even though Tsuchida-sensei seems unreliable at first, she still have faith in him once he gets the hang of it and wants to see kind of students he will turn them into because the teacher's personality reflects on the students such as the laid-back teacher will have laid-back students, the mature teacher will have mature students, the athletic teacher will have athletic students, the warm Yamamoto-sensei will have warm students. When one of the teachers ask why the principal didn't mentions her students, the principal replies that her students lack composure, this humorously upsets the teacher.

So far, it's a very good cutesy slice of life anime, which I like. I'm a sucker for cutesy and I like slice of life comedic anime series. I'll kept watching Hanamaru Kindergarten, it's quiet interesting. It's been awhile since I watched a slice of life anime comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment